I know, I know. It's been ages. But don't think that I've forgotten about you. I haven't. Which is essentially what I wanted to say today. Hmm. In my last post, oh-so-long-ago, I talked about the fact that I was back. Well, I still am. It's hard to believe that I've been back in Blighty for nearly two months now. But since I came back, I've sort of been in this weird, not-quite-back-but-in-the-country mode. It's been the summer. An Exeter summer (the BEST kind): music, beaches, theatre, music, science, donkeys, music, fish, and more music. Seven weeks went by at the speed that only Exeter seems to, and I was welcomed back by a lot of wonderful people. Some things are different; others are the same. But quite frankly, Exeter is awesome. I won't bore you with any more of that. Now, I'm back in the exceedingly exciting place that is Basingstoke (with no internet access until this morning...), ready to start my summer job next Tuesday in Winchester. Three weeks, about sixty young people from around the world, and me, as their English teacher. Am I excited? Of course I am :-D. I'm also slightly concerned that I won't be able to default back to these kids' native languages. But pah, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it... After that, it becomes proper summer, with not an awful lot to do other than look forward to returning once again to my beloved Devon in September. Oh, and my oral exam. But I prefer not to talk about that.
I'll write again soon, I promise. And I actually promise, so please don't go away.
Biz!
No comments:
Post a Comment