Hello again, friends. It's been a while.
Mainly down to me, I do admit. Sorry for the horrifically long absence; I've been a rubbish blogger. For those I haven't seen in the interim, I am still very much alive. For those I have, here is another post. For those who have still been checking in to my little piece of the interweb here, sorry it's been rather dull recently. I will do my utmost to make this post as interesting as possible, and not simply fill you in on two months' worth of, well, whatever it is I have been doing with my life. I will attempt to fill you in on the basics in a handy, user-friendly, list-based format. I love a good list, me.
Christmas
The festive season sort of passed me by in a hazy whirlwind of music, food, travelling, wine, friends, more food, more wine, and more travelling. It was lovely to be home, with oven-cooked food, and a freezer, and heating that could be controlled by me. And it was even lovelier to be able to see in the New Year with some of my most favourite people in the world. There weren't even any weather problems to mess things up. Lovely.
2012
Yep, it's 2012. A brand new year filled with brand new opportunities, a chance that the world will end, and a small sporting event coming to the UK. The year began with a bang (of the firework variety, I should point out), and there was lots of kissing and fizz-drinking. It's tradition to make New Year's Resolutions on January first. Personally, I almost never make resolutions. I can never keep them, and then the send of guilt that comes over me is almost too much to bear. No, no resolutions for me this year, although maybe it should have been to blog more...
A half-term of...
Well, not an awful lot, if I'm honest. I became both very busy and unavailable and horrifically unoccupied all at the same time, and it was a rather confusing state of affairs. Lots of music was played, as always, even if I only managed to get to two choir rehearsals due to illness and other such inconveniences. The children at school were...excitable, and I wrote in a Carnet de correspondance for the first time ever. We visited pretty Norman towns and local landmarks, including Rouen and the Butterfly Reserve at Honfleur (pretty, but terrifying. One tried to eat me). CAF took away my money and now are hopefully going to give it back again, and suddenly it became February.
Holidays (again)
Now, I know it's going to seem like all I ever do is go on holiday, but it's not my fault that the French take a two-week skiing holiday in the middle of February. Fortunately for me, this year they coincided with my 21st birthday. Yes, readers, I am now into my 22nd year on this big blue marble. Weird, isn't it? Well, probably not for you, but still. I was thoroughly spoiled by all who knew me, receiving some completely wonderful presents, and going up to London to see the spectacular Les Miserables with my family (a review may follow soon, if I feel inclined). Then it was off down to Exeter for 11 days of fabulousness. The only down side? I had to leave again today.
Now
That is, essentially, my last two months in a nutshell. On Sunday I head off back to l'Hexagone for the final stretch of this thing they call the Year Abroad. Mixed feelings? Oh yes. But I won't bore you with talk of that now. I'll post again soon, I promise. And with something slightly more interesting and slightly less rushed. In the meantime, have a picture of two llamas kissing:

No comments:
Post a Comment